The Bible is full of examples of God blessing people, fathers blessing children, and kings and apostles blessing the congregations they served. Sadly, blessing is a practice we have lost in our culture, and our kids are feeling this loss acutely. They may not realize it, but they suffer from lack of acceptance, identity, and purpose.
One of the best things you can do for your kids is regularly speak words of blessing and affirmation over them. The best part is – it’s not hard and it doesn’t take very long! It can be as simple as laying your hands on your children, thanking God for sending them into your family, speaking intentional words of blessing over them (the Bible has some awesome blessings already written), and asking for God’s favor to be upon them.
For a more intricate look at blessing and specifically how to bless, (whether you have children of your own, teach or mentor children or youth, or you are a pastor of a congregation), check out Project Blessing.
The GOV Team
Latest posts by The GOV Team (see all)
- 2014 Tech Buying Guide - November 26, 2014
- The Father Effect – 14 Minutes That Will Change Your Perspective [VIDEO] - November 3, 2014
- Easter Bunny Meets the Resurrection - April 11, 2014
- Setting a Paradigm for Purity - March 12, 2014
- Prayers for our Children - March 1, 2014