First of all, don’t be! Feelings of inadequacy, stress, and feeling overwhelmed only make matters worse. God has given you everything you need, and equipped you to disciple your kids. Does this humble you? It should! As Julie Hiramine says in her book Guardians of Purity, her kids are what brings her to her knees. It’s in that place of seeking God for wisdom that He can truly move in your family and in your parenting. Teaching your children purity of heart, mind and body can seem daunting. At Generations of Virtue, our team has dedicated years of time and effort into making this as easy for you as possible. So let us be the first to say “YOU CAN DO IT!”. And we’re here to help. Simple steps to get you started:
- Read Guardians of Purity by Julie Hiramine. She practically shows you how to safe-guard your kids from the onslaught of sexual messages in the media, connecting as a family and much, much more. The most common reaction from parents after reading this book is “wow, I feel like I can do this now”.
- Download Setting a Paradigm for Purity (audio) also by Julie Hiramine. She offers tons of practical advice, explaining age-by-age how sexual purity can become part of your kids DNA, not just a conversation you have at 13.
- Against the Tide is a curriculum guide that will give you a year-by-year approach to purity training with your kids. Full of the very best resources we have found for parents, parent-child discussions, and books children can read on their own, this guide will give you a manageable game plan. Preschool-4th grade and 5th-8th grade versions available.
The GOV Team
Latest posts by The GOV Team (see all)
- 2014 Tech Buying Guide - November 26, 2014
- The Father Effect – 14 Minutes That Will Change Your Perspective [VIDEO] - November 3, 2014
- Easter Bunny Meets the Resurrection - April 11, 2014
- Setting a Paradigm for Purity - March 12, 2014
- Prayers for our Children - March 1, 2014